Who Runs the World? GIRLS!
I am proud to say we have seen an improvement in the recognition of the need for women in leadership roles. But despite the progress that has been made over the years, women remain underrepresented in leadership positions in many industries and countries. I personally saw this as I was climbing the corporate ladder and felt the pressure of the added requirements when I expressed interest in management compared to my male counterparts. Gladly for us gals, the importance of women in leadership has become increasingly recognized, and there are many efforts to support and promote women's leadership roles.
Here are some of the benefits of having more women in leadership roles:
· Diverse perspectives: Women bring unique perspectives and experiences to leadership positions, which can lead to more creative and effective solutions to complex problems.
· Increased collaboration: Women are often more collaborative and inclusive in their leadership styles, which can help to create a more positive and productive work environment.
· Improved performance: Studies have shown that companies with more women in leadership positions tend to have better financial performance and higher levels of innovation.
· Better representation: Having more women in leadership positions can help to create a more balanced representation of gender and diversity in various sectors and industries.
There are various actions we as leaders, business owners and corporations can take to ensure we are promoting inclusivity for females to have the opportunity to advance their careers in the workplace:
· Providing leadership training and mentoring programs for women.
· Encouraging and promoting women for leadership roles.
· Establishing policies and procedures that support work-life balance and flexibility, such as flexible work hours and parental leave.
· Addressing unconscious bias and discrimination in recruitment, promotion, and performance evaluations.
· Promoting gender diversity in decision-making processes and ensuring that women have a voice and influence in key decisions.
In today’s “flex” world we have found ourselves in - there is no secret that females have added more to their plate by working remote: taking care of family, house care, pet care and the list goes on and on! Now more than ever work-life balance and schedule flexibility should be key when promoting a female leader.
There is no doubt we can handle it all, this already has been proven - but we should not be dinged or not included because of it! Give us a chance we will show you that we CAN RUN THE WORLD!